norwich property hotspot?

(6 Posts)
starsandstripes2016 Wed 29-Jun-16 18:34:42

Looking to buy in Norwich but think the prices are bonkers. Exclude compared to London in which case they're going for a song.

I think £200,000 for a smalll ex-local authority is excessive. Or alternatively, the Victoria terraces, mostly with awkward bathroom positions - either downstairs beyond the kitchen or accessed through a bedroom - for a similar asking price is also bonkers.

Is this price hype a blip or will prices continue to rise and if so what's the reason? Thoughts welcome and thanks.

HereIAm20 Wed 29-Jun-16 20:55:17

You think Norwich is priceythenlook at Cambridge! Remember North Norfolk is a desirable area too.

starsandstripes2016 Wed 29-Jun-16 21:25:50

OMG more than twice the price. I'm seeing what the housing crisis is in the UK. OK. My search in Norwich is now being viewed from a fresh perspective. Although still think the housing stock is pants for the money.

lljkk Thu 30-Jun-16 17:16:36

Golden Triangle is stupid prices, but not whole of the city. Something tells me you're not shopping in Lakenham, Costessy, Bowthorpe or Hellesden.

flightywoman Thu 30-Jun-16 17:50:48

North city is cheaper - Aylsham Road and roads off it. And still just about walkable into the centre. Big houses for a lot less money.

And if you really want south city then further along Dereham Road might suit.

But if you want around Unthank Road you'll have to pay. It's popular and expensive.

starsandstripes2016 Thu 30-Jun-16 21:13:28

Many thanks for responses. Yes looking seriously in Lakenham; area is great but internally quality is very poor, hence my dispair! Agree Golden Triangle very over priced. Want to be carless so North city beyond walking distance.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now