Moving to UK - propane gas grill ok?

(9 Posts)
NewEnglandMum3 Sun 26-Jun-16 17:55:20

We're moving to Oxfordshire next week and trying to decide whether to ship our large Weber gas grill, which takes propane gas. Is it easy to find propane in the Oxford area?

HirplesWithHaggis Sun 26-Jun-16 18:04:38

www.calor.co.uk/find-a-stockist

Shouldn't be a problem. smile

specialsubject Sun 26-Jun-16 18:49:53

the UK has plenty of stockists for LPG (liquid propane gas, either in the big tanks for whole house heating or the smaller cylinders for those of us off the mains gas but still like to cook with it). You can also get butane for camping stoves, boats, caravans etc.

the question is whether your propane stove will work with our LPG - will the valves be compatible and is there a gas mix in one or the other?

not sure if it is an issue or not but hopefully some emails/phone calls will sort it.

AppleMagic Sun 26-Jun-16 18:51:38

You can buy Weber bbqs here so can't see that it would be a problem.

coolpatterngirl Sun 26-Jun-16 19:29:06

The valves may be different if you're coming from SA

NewEnglandMum3 Sun 26-Jun-16 19:50:10

Good points! I'll call Weber and confirm it's the same model as those sold in UK

lostscot Sun 26-Jun-16 20:29:44

Couldn't you just trim the tube if not and add a new connection to suit our gas bottles...

BarmySmarmy Mon 27-Jun-16 11:50:22

The valve (regulator) pertains to the gas, rather than the BBQ, if you see what I mean. I suspect that propane is bottled under the same pressure everywhere, but when you buy your first bottle, just check whether you need to replace the regulator.

It will be fine!

NewEnglandMum3 Mon 27-Jun-16 17:57:21

Weber said that we will just need to pick up a new connection at a DIY. Thanks for all your input!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now