Garden offices - Surrey

(10 Posts)
likeaboss Sat 18-Jun-16 18:20:59

Moving (please God) within the next couple of months. One of the first projects will be a garden office for DH so I can banish his crap to the garden and not have to give over a room to it anymore . Nothing overly big, just needs enough room for desk, chair, bookshelf, trunk (full of sodding board games and comics) and maybe a small TV unit.

Any recommendations for a Surrey-based company? Have you had one built - if so what are your thoughts on what to avoid/what to definitely have put in?

likeaboss Mon 20-Jun-16 19:29:25

Bump

Pufflemum Tue 21-Jun-16 06:39:50

I live on Surrey/ Berkshire borders and had a large garden room built. After much research I used Homestead. Two friends also used them. They were great. Very professional, tidy and quick and the room was good quality.

Properly insulated, double skinned etc. they are not the cheapest and their designs are fairly traditional but I wouldn't hesitate to use them again.

You need to avoid the shed look. So plenty of windows, plaster board and a decent floor were my must have (along with heat, light and lots of sockets).

Pufflemum Tue 21-Jun-16 06:41:32

www.homesteadtimberbuildings.co.uk

puggymummy1 Tue 21-Jun-16 07:08:17

Marking my place, as this is someone we hope to do in the future smile

likeaboss Tue 21-Jun-16 07:32:54

Thanks Pufflemum! Do you mind me asking what sort of size your room was and how much you paid roughly?

Pufflemum Wed 22-Jun-16 13:18:42

It was the largest it could be without planning, 34 sqm springs to mind, that cost around £25k

NetballHoop Wed 22-Jun-16 14:08:25

We went with www.lugarde.com/ who deliver all the bits and DH put it together. It needed a concrete base first though.

DespicableMeh Sun 26-Jun-16 13:01:25

http://www.justmagicbuildings.com/testimonialslinks.html?m

We used these for a garden office, roughly 2x5m l. I think it cost around £6k about 3 years ago and still looks great. Would highly recommend.

likeaboss Sun 26-Jun-16 13:51:46

Thanks guys!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now