Folding Bathscreens

(6 Posts)
DibD0bs Sat 18-Jun-16 08:44:44

Hi

We are just having a new bathroom fitted and we don't want the bath screen to dominate the bath. So I came across folding Bathscreens which appear to solve the issue

http://www.aprilproducts.co.uk/prod/91/prestige/frameless-4-fold-bath-screen

However our plumber isn't keen on this solution and says they leak. He would prefer to fit a 2 panel screen with a fixed first panel and a hinged second panel which allows it to fold onto itself. So effectively it would be half the size but still not as neat as the folding screen solution does anyone have any experience or thoughts on these.

D

PigletJohn Sat 18-Jun-16 11:11:55

the glass ones seem to be more rigid and substantial than the plastic ones.

Any folds and joins give more opportunities to leak.

Sliding channels hold water and dirt. I prefer a one-piece glass screen with a rubber fin on the bottom to meet the bath. It is best to design this in before deciding where to put the shower fittings, as you want it to fold neatly against the wall.

DibD0bs Sat 18-Jun-16 11:40:17

We have fitted furniture going in and butting up against the bath and so we need a screen that folds into the bath rather than out but there seem to be very few and those I've seen are wider than the bath (700mm) and so won't go flat. Hence this possible solution.

JimmyGreavesMoustache Sat 18-Jun-16 11:45:48

we have this which looks similar to yours. It's fine. Doesn't leak. The flexible seal across the bottom has needed to be replaced twice, but they're about a tenner to buy and easy to slide off and on, so it's not a big deal.

Believeitornot Sun 19-Jun-16 07:53:26

We had a single glass bath scree which folded into the bath. Bit like what piglet describes. It'd isn't dominate the bathroom as it was clear

We've moved house where the bathroom has four folding panels for a screen and I do hate it! Much harder to clean and looks more visible.

whois Sun 19-Jun-16 08:33:30

I prefer shower curtains #uncouth

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now