Replaced flooring - Luxury Flooring & Furnishing - AWFUL service.

(8 Posts)
Simone1977 Wed 15-Jun-16 11:57:26

I just wanted to share an awful experience I had with a flooring company with the other parents on here. I was expecting my 2nd child and was keen to get a new floor fitted before the baby arrived. We chose to use Luxury Flooring and Furnishings. Please remember this name.

The delivery didn't turn up on the arranged date, despite assurances it was 'on the truck'. I relentlessly chased and was given inaccurate information for 3 days running. On the 3rd day my waters very uncharacteristically broke early and I was admitted into hospital for labour. Perhaps it was the stress of chasing this company or perhaps that was just a coincidence. My husband rushed home from work to collect our child from school and to arrange temporary childcare with the neighbour. We weren't expecting this, the midwife the day before had examined me and there was no evidence my baby was coming anytime soon. I had a c section booked in for 2 weeks later. The wood delivery turned up 5 minutes before my husband was due to leave the house and join me at the hospital. He accepted and took the delivery in in good faith that it was correct. The builders the next day, who themselves had been waiting to lay the floor, (at our expense for the past 3 days), saw the wood had arrived and started to fit this.

When I returned home from hospital 2 days later, I was shocked to see the wrong floor had been delivered. I contacted the company who claimed it was not the wrong floor, rather instead, it was just a slightly different finish to their usual batch Thhis despite the wood being the wrong colour, the wrong size, packaged from a different company and had a different texture to the sample we had ordered from.

Our wood cost us £2300. We are paying somebody £1800 to fit (although this does include new skirting boards), not to mention the costs we had to pay for the fitter to be at our house for 3 days running fully anticipating the delivery to have arrived on the days it didn't.

I have been home from hospital for 3 days now and have spent the past 3 days upstairs in the bedroom, as the work downstairs continues. Had the delivery arrived on time, this wouldn't have been an issue.

The company have shown no remorse or acceptance of blame for their error and their post service (I use the word service loosely) has been on a par with their pre service. Awful, awful, awful. I am bitterly disappointed with this company. I have complained and sought compensation, and did receive a reluctant offer from them of £100. I am afraid that this isn't anywhere near the mark for time for the distress, cost and inconvenience this company has caused me.

So please mums if any of you are considering replacing your floor due to your children past, present or future, I suggest you consider seeking alternative flooring companies.

rowena1954 Mon 01-Aug-16 11:06:06

Hello I am new to Mumsnet and found your thread by researching this Company's reviews of the net. We have had a very similar problem with this company and like you have been refused any compensation for loss of time and money. We also had a different floor delivered from the sample sent, and like you were fobbed off that it was correct. However on closer inspection we found it was completely different, our order was around the same time as yours!! I wonder if you would be prepared to tell us what the flooding spec was that you ordered.

Simone1977 Mon 01-Aug-16 12:03:16

Hi Rowena, sorry to hear you had that trouble too. We had ordered Coffee Lacquered Engineered European Oak wood. Still unhappy about it!

rowena1954 Mon 01-Aug-16 13:29:31

Was this a solid oak floor?

Simone1977 Mon 01-Aug-16 15:14:28

No mine was engineered oak as opposed to solid oak. Still cost £40sqm

JimmyP1 Thu 03-Nov-16 16:54:02

Message deleted by MNHQ. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

OrangeSquashTallGlass Thu 03-Nov-16 17:01:18

First post JimmyP1? hmm

JimmyP1 Thu 03-Nov-16 17:18:43

Message deleted by MNHQ. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now