St Neots? Good Place to Live?

(6 Posts)
arashtrip Sun 12-Jun-16 08:01:52

Hi,

Is there anyone has an experience of living in St. Neots?

I am not concerned about the shops, restaurants or facilities as I can drive to nearby cities. I am more concerned about the crime, safety and the type of people who live there.

Thanks

MarzipanDildo Sun 12-Jun-16 08:11:39

I grew up there and my parents still live there - my mum would not consider ever living anywhere else and loves it! It's a great town in my opinion, especially now that it's received significant investment.

Like any town that has grown very quickly, there are definitely more desirable parts than others. Eaton Ford, Eaton Socon, "old" Eynesbury are lovely. Some of the newer developments such as Loves Farm do have some rough elements, but generally I feel that the town is friendly, safe, and with a lot going on for all ages. My brother runs an estate agency there, and knows lots more about the town than I.

arashtrip Sun 12-Jun-16 08:13:48

That is perfect. Thank you. As I check the prices are much cheaper that Hitchin, Letchworth or Baldock and train times are not much longer (maybe by couple of minutes).

Mirandawest Sun 12-Jun-16 08:20:12

My mum and dad moved to the Loves farm development a few years ago and I've stayed there a few times when I've been working in London. I also used to live in both Letchworth and then moved to Henlow.

I've never noticed any particular rough parts of Loves Farm and have walked back from the station (before the bridge was put in) at night many times. To me it seems a mid am place to live. May have issues with the amount of schools as infrastructure doesn't seem to have been put in to deal with the increased amount of people living there, so that may be an issue for you.

We moved out of Letchworth to Henlow as house prices much cheaper in Bedfordshire over Hertfordshire. And arlesey station easily walkable from Henlow.

Mirandawest Sun 12-Jun-16 08:26:26

Not sure what "mid am" means. St Neots seems perfectly fine to me.

MarzipanDildo Sun 12-Jun-16 08:27:54

I have been unfair about Loves Farm - I think it might have had a bad reputation years ago when it first started to be developed, but yes, it's now very well kept and clean. House prices there are pretty low and access to station is brilliant.

There are some great little restaurants and cafes popping up in St Neots too. The Turkish one (Bosphorus) is fab!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now