What paint for the outside of my modern house?

(8 Posts)
cressetmama Wed 08-Jun-16 16:04:52

It was rendered 10 weeks ago and is awaiting three coats of paint. It faces West-south-west, so it takes full sun all day, and all the rain and wind off the Atlantic. I don't want pure brilliant white which is the only colour stocked in the very technical paint recommended by the plasterer because my neighbours will need sunglasses otherwise it's a minimum of 150 litres (I need 15 or 20) order from the manufacturer. The cost is not a major issue, and the builders' merchant trade paint counter manager is suggesting Dulux Trade All Seasons Weathershield, which has a reasonable 15 yr guarantee. Any thoughts or opinions wise ones?

cressetmama Wed 08-Jun-16 20:29:16

No opinions, huh? Should probably have put F&B in the title!

lalalonglegs Wed 08-Jun-16 20:55:59

If it's a very modern style (sharp angles, clean lines, probably a flat roof etc) would you be brave enough to go for charcoal? That would look amazing.

cressetmama Wed 08-Jun-16 20:58:20

Thanks for replying, but it's not really a colour issue here. We actually like the colour of the render, so it's matter of water proofing and maintenance. It is quite a modern style, in a 70s way.

lalalonglegs Thu 09-Jun-16 08:57:53

Apologies, thought you were after colour suggestions. I've no idea which paint might suit you best smile

echt Thu 09-Jun-16 09:01:10

Pic?

cressetmama Thu 09-Jun-16 09:14:43

Badly worded question: I am recommended to buy Murfill Renovation paint, which only comes in RAL colours, or PBW or magnolia. To get it tinted to my preferred shade of grey there is a minimum order of a pallet (10 x 5kg tins). So I wanted to ask whether anyone had knew of an equivalent quality of paint that is more available through the trade! I was hoping PigletJohn or one of the other painters and decorators who sometimes post might have a view. smile

Mum2KSS Thu 09-Jun-16 10:06:40

we've just had our newly rendered house painted in sandtex - chalk hill. quality of paint is good

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now