What comfy bath do you have that you love?

(19 Posts)
passmyglass Tue 07-Jun-16 17:07:53

Please. I am mainly interested in ones that don't have an edge that sticks into your neck. Thank you.

bookgirl1982 Tue 07-Jun-16 17:45:24

We have a carron arc in the wider width and it is very comfy!

ChishandFips33 Tue 07-Jun-16 23:38:45

Kaldawei - very plain, no ridges etc

Pop along to a showroom and climb in a few - they have different angles which makes a difference

Have you looked at the soaking baths - smaller but deeper and hold the heat better apparently

Blondie1984 Tue 07-Jun-16 23:42:09

I have a Bette one - it's super comfy - so much so that I could live in there ...

Namelessbabe Tue 07-Jun-16 23:49:23

I have bath envy! Our bathroom is very small. The house's previous owners fitted a bath that is narrow AND short. It's not very relaxing so hardly gets used. One day I'll have a bath I want to use and that OH can lie in outstretched! Only the kids use our bath regularly.

concertplayer Wed 08-Jun-16 07:00:56

There are small bathroom sections on most main dealers' websites now.
What about just getting a shower? You could put one over the bath.

passmyglass Wed 08-Jun-16 08:16:22

bookgirl that does indeed look v comfy, would you say it is white white or grey white? Ive found a really comfy duravit one but it looks more grey than other brands, which I'm not so keen on.

blondie do you think yours is called select? www.heatandplumb.com/acatalog/bette-select-single-ended-rectangular-bath-1700mm-x-700mm-0-tap-hole-ib3431000.html?utm_source=google&utm_medium=Shopping&gclid=CJDPjIHvl80CFbYV0wodcdcCcw

chish do you know which kaldewei one perchance? I agree, it is def better to go in person but i am in a slightly remote part of the country and only have 1 small local showroom... Going to any others means an expensive daytrip, so I'm hoping to narrow it down a bit here first.
Thanks all for responding flowers]

indieblack Wed 08-Jun-16 08:28:05

I asked the same question a while ago. Tried loads in showrooms and got a Bette Ocean. Really comfy with thin ledges which maximises the actual bathing space. Great as my bathroom's not huge but I can now have a really luxurious soak. Mine's a crisp white and I love it.

minipie Wed 08-Jun-16 12:02:03

Bette are great baths. We have the Bette Ocean and it's very comfy, so much space and a nice shape for your shoulders - BUT it has a very large internal volume so takes forever to fill. Others of theirs are equally comfy have smaller internal volumes.

Bette also do this very clever built in upstand thing (though we didn't get it as it was special order and we were in a hurry). Basically they build in a short vertical upstand all along the sides of your bath where the wall tiles are going to go. Then you tile the wall tiles on top of that upstand. It means the edge of the bath is totally leakproof and you don't need the silicon sealant which usually goes round the bath edge and eventually leaks or goes mouldy.

minipie Wed 08-Jun-16 12:02:44

indieblack we sound like kindred spirits. I have no shame about getting into baths in showrooms grin but never seen anyone else do it!

indieblack Wed 08-Jun-16 19:19:45

Absolutely minipie I've hopped in and out of most tubs in S London. I even went to a few showrooms with toddler DS who liked me to lay down in each bath and play peekaboo he also liked to tell everyone mummy's doing a wee wee when I sat on different toilets to compare sizes

bookgirl1982 Wed 08-Jun-16 19:58:29

It is white but not super bright if that makes sense. We had a carronite bath in the last house too and they are really good. Solid and warm with none of the flex/creak of a cheaper bath. We ordered online from a company called virtual bathrooms and it arrived next day. The arc design isn't the most modern but is quite neutral for any age of house. The extra width makes a big difference to comfort if you have the space.

ChishandFips33 Wed 08-Jun-16 23:26:13

I don't, sorry! The plumber sourced it and there's fat chance of him remembering!!

Blondie1984 Thu 09-Jun-16 01:50:00

Hmmm I'm not sure - but the plug is at the end, not in the middle...I will investigate and get back to you

passmyglass Thu 09-Jun-16 07:05:49

Thanks blondie and chish. Bookgirl im sold on carronite already, i see your point about the modern.... Im quite keen to go for modern (/ midcentury modern) in general throughout the house.... Trouble is that style of bath always seem to be uncomfortable, which i am not down with.

nuttymango Thu 09-Jun-16 07:11:05

Toronto from homebase - I am 6 foot and can lie out fully in it smile
it's wide as well.

Draylon Fri 10-Jun-16 09:08:42

One thing to be aware of is to make sure there's enough space at the head-end of the bath for the back of your head/bath cushion! My DB nearly made that mistake- as in the end edge of the bath was comfortable but his head would've been resting on the tiled wall!

Draylon Fri 10-Jun-16 09:10:40

wot? grin

RaisingSteam Fri 10-Jun-16 15:49:56

Our criteria was an oval bath that was also a shower bath and we ended up with the 1800mm version of this Kaldewei steel one - VaioSet. Taps are wall mounted out of the way.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now