Has anyone just wallpapered their alcoves?

(9 Posts)
NapQueen Sat 04-Jun-16 19:47:48

Moving both the kids into the big bedroom together this summer and it has a chimney breast wall with an alcove either side. We normally paint, there's no wallpaper in any other room, but I quite fancied finding a nice fun paper and putting it just in the alcoves.

Has anyone else just wallpapered their alcoves? Anyone willing to share pics? I know they probably won't be children's theme but just to get an idea of how you then tie in a paint for the remaining walls.

wowfudge Sat 04-Jun-16 20:00:12

Our old house has wallpaper on the back walls of the alcoves in the living room. We took it off because we didn't like the pattern, but it was fine - match one of the colours in the paper for the rest of the walls.

StepAwayFromTheThesaurus Sat 04-Jun-16 21:07:17

A google image search for wallpaper alcoves (you can add children too) throws up lots of lovely examples.

StepAwayFromTheThesaurus Sat 04-Jun-16 21:18:48

Some examples

StepAwayFromTheThesaurus Sat 04-Jun-16 21:20:43

There are about a million fake book alcove examples out there.

The other one here appears to have wallpaper in the outer alcoves and blackboard paint in the middle.

NapQueen Sat 04-Jun-16 21:54:38

Oooo the one with the pink armchair is amazing!

puggymummy1 Mon 06-Jun-16 17:33:27

We did. I have teenage girls and they wanted the same paper.

NapQueen Mon 06-Jun-16 18:02:29

Oh wow! Lucky girls those bedrooms are stunning!

I'm doing it. Decided. Now I need to find a unisex wallpaper for the kids. ..

puggymummy1 Mon 06-Jun-16 18:11:19

Thanks Nap. We have just sold so will be decorating again in the future in a new place. We got lots of large samples and stuck them to the wall to see them in different lights.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now