Selling 2/3 BR flat in Leith, Edinburgh. Best agents to market?

(6 Posts)
catiemule Thu 02-Jun-16 22:17:53

Hi Everyone
My OH is about to put his lovely 2 BR flat with additional internal box room/study on the market. It's on Great Junction Street in Leith and has huge, high ceilings and a large eat-in kitchen with lovely views. Third (top) floor tenement.

We are looking for a really good real estate agent to market it and do all viewings as he is not in town much. Or....may be willing to sell privately if someone wants a bargain. Will be in the region of £165,000-£175,000

Thanks x

BurningTheToast Thu 02-Jun-16 22:36:27

Simpson and Marwick have just sold e in Stockbridge in two weeks flat. Closing date, four offers etc. Very pleased. We've also used Lindsays and they still do all our conveyancing - we used S&M to sell because I think they're a bit speedier. Could recommend either of them.

Good luck!

BurningTheToast Thu 02-Jun-16 22:37:34

'Sold e in Stockbridge'? FFS - 'sold our place in Stockbridge' that should have said!

catiemule Fri 03-Jun-16 06:17:11

thank you and congrats!

Desperatemummy1 Fri 03-Jun-16 19:14:40

Whatever you do, avoid Mov8. We used them for selling as an estate agent, and found them so slap dash. It's my biggest regret. it was cost that made us use them but in reality we only saved about £400 which I would have retrospectively paid double that to have a seamless dedicated agent who knew our local market (East Lothian)... never again! Luckily my local solicitor picked up their slack, and probably went outwith her remit as only acting as our conveyancer. Good luck with selling.

catiemule Fri 03-Jun-16 20:35:21

oh No Desperate Mummy! That is funny, I suggested them to OH and he said an emphatic "NO!" as they'd sold him the flat in the first place and were hopeless.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now