Layout help

(4 Posts)
Iloverupertp Mon 30-May-16 10:58:28

Having some internal building work on my house and would appreciate some help
The lounge/diner,kitchen and utility are going to be knocked into one big room
The architect has drawn up a basic drawing but I'm not sure if that's the best idea
My issues are:
Need a downstairs toilet but think it looks a bit odd on the plans
Do I move the kitchen into the current kitchen/diner and have a seating area at the back of house?this would mean losing the log burner as the cooker would be going in that space
An island/breakfast would be handy but not too fussed if not enough space
Anyone got a similar style house?its a end terrace
Tia

yomellamoHelly Mon 30-May-16 11:31:59

I would go with putting the kitchen in the middle of the house personally. (Have done that here.) Assume architect done it that way as all plumbing at the back of the house so it reduces the cost. In terms of the kitchen you need a good think about what space you need and try and find a layout for the units that fits that. Then you'll know which solution will work for you.

Iloverupertp Mon 30-May-16 11:36:49

I don't mind where the toilet is but not sure it looks odd where it ends.should we make it finish at the end of the room and make it into a small utility as well
Don't suppose you could put a picture of your kitchen?

wowfudge Mon 30-May-16 14:41:15

Fwiw I think kitchen should go where the dining room is and seating by the access to the garden I would be inclined to keep the utility room, but make it smaller unless you plan to move the washing machine, etc to elsewhere in the house, e.g. cellar.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now