Best options for lighting in dark kitchen

(4 Posts)
neonrainbow Thu 26-May-16 19:21:01

We are looking at getting our kitchen ceiling replastered. At the moment we have a large fluorescent strip light which gives quite a bit of light but looks hideous. We had an electrician round and asked him for some prices on replacing the light for us. He suggested 8x spotlights would be the best option for light but I dont really want holes cut in my new ceiling and dont really like spotlights. The kitchen is reasonably large with a small window. Whats the best type of lighting to get the most light possible in the kitchen? We dont currently have any other lighting i.e under cupboard lights and I dont really want to do those unless theyre going to make a significant difference either.

wowfudge Thu 26-May-16 20:39:22

What about some sort of track lighting with several individual lights you can angle to best light the room?

GETTINGLIKEMYMOTHER Sun 29-May-16 10:54:23

IT was quite a while ago now, but I didn't want spotlights either. Found in Wickes a long track with 4 lights that could be angled wherever. It was cream and faintly retro styling which went well, though I dare say there were/are more modern looking equivalents. They also had a matching round fitting with 3 ditto. These worked v well and saved having to cut holes in the ceiling. Also extremely good value compared to a lot we'd seen.

neonrainbow Mon 30-May-16 20:22:16

Thank you both i think we are going for track lights as you suggested.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now