Neighbours subsidence

(5 Posts)
ocelot41 Tue 24-May-16 16:30:42

The house opposite us has subsidence and the estate agent has asked for a cash buyer. The agent is also Foxtons and has overpriced it by about £2-300k. I am going to be looking out at a very run down, empty house for a looong time, aren't I?

InternationalHouseofToast Tue 24-May-16 16:35:17

They've overpriced it by £300,000? Are you sure that figure is right? but yes, you're likely to be looking at a collapsing house for some years to come.

helpbuyingahouse Tue 24-May-16 17:57:31

Not true, saw a house with Foxtons that was on the market for £2n and eventually sold for &1.3m with foxtons. They cut the price every four weeks, wait and see and by a lot (100k). So, it will sell soon if the seller listens to Foxtons. We rented through Foxtons once. House on the market at 1,100 per week, I offered 550, we settled on 625. They are the most open to offers as they are listed on the

helpbuyingahouse Tue 24-May-16 17:58:21

Sorry I didn't finish my sentence. They are listed on the stock market and shareholders want to see revenue and profit. So relax, it will sell for much less, guaranteed and within 6 months if sellers is reasonable

ocelot41 Tue 24-May-16 18:56:03

Thanks for your replies folks. Foxtons have priced it as much as the fully 'done' houses round here. But it was lived in by a very old lady who recently passed on - nothing has been done to it since the 1960s and the builders who are working for me and were asked to quote for the work say it needs about £2-250k work to modernise and underpin it. So yes, I think they have massively overvalued it...But y'know, thats Foxtons for you. It has already been on the market for 6 months and is looking pretty dilapidated now

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now