Letter to the owner..

(6 Posts)
Hopeinhell2 Sun 22-May-16 17:40:58

I fell in love with a property earlier this year but for one reason or another it all fell through. The vendor decided to take it off the market (it's currently a holiday let) but mentioned to the estate agent that he may put it back on the market at the end of the year. He wanted to ideally sell it to someone who wanted it as a holiday let so it was an easy process - i just want it for my home.

Anyway roll forward 6 months and I can't stop thinking about what i missed out on. I have drafted a letter to him to say that if he does think of selling again i would be interested. Has anyone had any luck with something like this??

AgentProvocateur Sun 22-May-16 17:47:15

Depends why it fell through, I guess. If it was your fault, he would probably not entertain you as a serious buyer again. If it was his fault, you've got nothing to lose, so write the letter.

Hopeinhell2 Sun 22-May-16 17:58:20

No wasn't my fault the survey came back low, mortgage company then didn't want to give it to me, the vendor didn't want to drop his price.

The thing is I did my homework, I was happy even though it seemed like I was being a mug. I saw this as a house I would keep for a long long time. Anyway now financially things have changed for me.

I will write the letter

AgentProvocateur Sun 22-May-16 18:17:42

Good luck. Hope it works out for you. Sounds like it's your perfect house.

Hopeinhell2 Sun 22-May-16 19:09:13

Thanks. It is.grin

alazuli Sun 22-May-16 19:55:03

Do it! You've got nothing to lose.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now