gas or electric cooker / range

(12 Posts)
fryingtoday Fri 20-May-16 17:32:22

Which is better and why?
Got to start making choices!!!

shanghaismog Fri 20-May-16 20:37:03

Love my induction range ❤️

TheCokeMachine Fri 20-May-16 21:04:51

I have a gas hob and electric ovens. I love a gas hob, I know it's old fashioned but I can flambé to perfection with gas. I had an induction hob in my last house, it was lovely to keep clean but not perfect. My gas hob also means I can use a clip on griddle (Rangemaster Professional +) and do grilled chicken and steaks.

If you're a clean freak go for induction, I hate cleaning my hob. If you are going mid price get gas, if you can afford top end, induction will be better.

A mid range gas hob is better that a similar priced induction hob from what I've owned.

Blondie1984 Fri 20-May-16 23:19:41

Gas every time!

ladybird69 Fri 20-May-16 23:22:39

I've tried all! Best ever was gas hob with wok burner and fan assisted ovens.

ladybird69 Fri 20-May-16 23:23:35

Fan assisted ELECTRIC oven sorry

fryingtoday Mon 23-May-16 21:09:22

I have the solution - rangemaster so gas hob and electric oven ... Anyone tried?

ChishandFips33 Tue 24-May-16 01:00:58

We have a gas/electric rangemaster

Works beautifully, love cooking with gas but it's bloody awful fiddly to clean

The hood is very loud!!

fryingtoday Wed 25-May-16 21:06:35

Ah I was looking at the rangemaster! Would you buy again or no?

ChishandFips33 Wed 25-May-16 21:36:02

This one came with the house but I would get another...possibly induction for the ease of cleaning it, but I do like cooking with gas

Disclaimer - I am by no means a proficient cook!!
Ma friend as the same, had it for many many years and takes out a yearly insurance on it - a few bits have faltered but were fixed under the policy

cressetmama Thu 26-May-16 17:07:06

My gas granny-style cooker has four burners, two ovens and a separate eye level grill above the hob. The eye level grill is irreplaceable, and my very tall DH refuses to consider changing the cooker for anything that doesn't have one. No company makes one any more. Bang goes any choice of a stylish contemporary kitchen....

hellhasnofurylikeahungrywoman Thu 26-May-16 17:37:26

Electric. Much prefer the responsiveness and speed of an induction hob and like electric fan ovens.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now