where to find curtain fabric

(9 Posts)
mountaingirl01 Fri 20-May-16 09:19:50

Hi, I'm looking for some curtain fabric for my bedroom, I would love a tweed weave (ideally grey with a brighter thread) but sadly real tweed is completely out of my price range! Any hints and tips for good fabric websites?

EustachianTube Fri 20-May-16 09:22:53

I was just about to post the same thing! I've been searching for a few months for fabric to make curtains but not found anything suitable yet.
I've had lots of samples from the Next made to measure site, you can only order 5 at a time I think but you can do multiple orders. I've also searched dunelm, they have a reasonable range. Next place for me to try is John Lewis.
There don't seem to be many old-fashioned fabric shops around any more, certainly not near me anyway.

brodchengretchen Fri 20-May-16 09:36:56

Have a look at www.thesewingforum.co.uk, if you join a post a query the members are usually quite helpful.

JT05 Fri 20-May-16 10:10:40

I have just been through this, it can be totally absorbing, but confusing. There is so much out there on the Internet. But you do have to see the fabric before buying and waiting for swatches takes so long!
I ended up going to a big Dunelm shop. They had about 400 curtain samples.

7to25 Fri 20-May-16 10:19:15

Try Terry's Textiles online. They have what you're looking for but I can't link. Very easonable prices.

RaisingSteam Fri 20-May-16 12:19:16

Have you tried Textile Express they have a good choice in the £10 to £20 range.

dontcallmelen Fri 20-May-16 15:39:10

Hi could try the curtain factory, recently bought fabric from them, really good prices & excellent customer service.

TremoloGreen Fri 20-May-16 20:59:41

I would second the recommendations for Terrys Fabrics and Textile Express. You can also look at JustFabrics.com. All three do excellent customer service and are very good at sending out samples quickly.

Another option - if you see a designer fabric you like in a posh interiors shop, you can often find bargains on EBay, either remnants if you know exactly how much you need or 'seconds' with flaws that would not be easily visible to the naked eye.

mountaingirl01 Sat 21-May-16 03:51:09

Great suggestions, thankyou!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now