Where to buy cushions?

(11 Posts)
thisisbloodyridiculous Thu 19-May-16 13:54:42

We're in the midst of a big, noisy, dusty extension and I am distracting myself with thoughts of the new sofa we're getting. The only thing is I'm not sure where to get cushions from.

We've always bought budget priced cushions before from places like George, Matalan and Primark and they haven't fared too well - misshapen, bobbled and the covers haven't washed well (faded). I am just wondering where I should look for new ones once we've got our shiny new sofa? A lot of nice ones in Next - are they any good? Willing to spend more than usual to get some really nice ones that will last and be worth the spend.

Blondie1984 Thu 19-May-16 16:49:59

TK Max or Homesense both are great for things like cushions - but it is a case of turning up and seeing if they have anything that takes your fancy on the day.

suspiciousofgoldfish Thu 19-May-16 17:27:08

Ooh I love Next cushions.

Laura Ashley are also good for 'investment' cushions.

White company for the most beautiful, plush jaw droppingly expensive, makes you want to cry cushions.

I have only just discovered Dunhelms, but I love it! A world of reasonably priced dreams!

wonkylegs Thu 19-May-16 17:28:35

I've got some lovely ones from Homebase & TKMaxx

P1nkP0ppy Thu 19-May-16 17:34:41

Du elm and buy covers on EBay with separate fillings (feather, foam or microfilm) that way you can buy something different (I bought retro patterned covers and they're lovely)

P1nkP0ppy Thu 19-May-16 17:35:29

Bl...y auto spell, *Dunelm and *microfibre.

Paddingtonthebear Thu 19-May-16 17:38:25

TK Maxx, Home Sense. When they've got a sale on - Habitat and House of Fraser.

Also do you have a local Multiyork showroom? Ours has been selling off a selection of cushions for £10 each this week which were £40+ originally. We got two wool grey cushions for our new sofa, they are very plump and luxurious. The thin IKEA ones we have on the sofa in comparison look a bit crap!

LizzieMacQueen Thu 19-May-16 18:54:31

You can't go wrong with John Lewis. All sorts for all types of budget.

I'd get a couple of expensive ones then fill in with cheaper.

My favourite is this one. £40.

feckity Thu 19-May-16 18:54:53

Habitat have 25% off until midnight.

BeYourselfUnlessUCanBeAUnicorn Thu 19-May-16 20:00:27

I've just bought some lovely cushions from Dunelm. Really good prices too.

saltwiththat Thu 19-May-16 20:13:35

Came to say John Lewis too, we have velvet & knitted ones and they've faired well.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now