New Kitchen should I buy bespoke painted?

(7 Posts)
Neat73 Thu 12-May-16 11:43:27

I am thinking of buying a Second Nature or Innova kitchen from DIY-Kitchens (Milton/Harewood/Linwood), was thinking of a bespoke paint colour, but was just wondering how these are cleaned, I am a bit of a clean freak and currently anti-bac all my kitchen doors on a weekly basis. I realise there is the risk of chipping, but more concerned about actual cleaning. Can anyone help? Am I better off choosing a standard colour that is I presume lacquered?

Thistledew Thu 12-May-16 11:51:28

I have just bought a Kitchen in their Linwood range. It is painted wood, but the paint seems pretty tough like an external gloss paint. I envisage no problems in repeatedly cleaning it. They do a good sample service, so I would recommend getting some to have a look at. My kitchen fitter was really impressed with the quality.

moonandforward Thu 12-May-16 11:53:26

I've got a hand painted kitchen & just wipe the doors with a micro fibre cloth & a bit of kitchen spray. I think the secret is to have plain doors without too many mouldings & fiddly bits.

user1467027843 Mon 27-Jun-16 12:46:52

I think buying bespoke fitted kitchens is the right thing to do, don’t you think? Well I think the best thing to do, really, is to look for a reliable seller. From there, you could just choose what to buy. Make sure, though, that the seller is a really reliable one. Good luck!

justaweeone Mon 27-Jun-16 13:26:32

We have a painted kitchen
Opt for hand painted instead of spray painted
We touch up the doors once a year
It's the doors that are used constantly that tend to need it, built in dishwasher, fridge, cupboard with everyday crockery that need it most

fiorentina Mon 27-Jun-16 20:50:39

We have a Neptune kitchen that has chipped and been repainted. I clean with usual cleaners and a microfibres cloth .

OnePlanOnHouzz Mon 27-Jun-16 21:47:28

I have a hand painted kitchen and it's surprisingly resistant to damage - have it professionally repainted when I fancy a different colour when it needs it ! Usually costs a couple of days labour and a tin of paint ! Worth it IMO

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now