Moving to Torquay

(2 Posts)
Stu2877 Thu 05-May-16 07:21:43

I've just been offered a job in Newton Abbott & the company is relocating to Dawlish in the new year so I'm looking to move into Torquay as my wife really liked the area & it's the only place we can get our children into schools.
I've seen some negative things about Torquay is this all true or are these comments outdated.
Can anybody recommend any other areas please

insideout Thu 05-May-16 08:29:59

We moved away from Torquay 6 years ago due to work (still in devon though). My dh's family all live there still. I think its a typical seaside town, very seasonal so absolute mayhem in school holidays not so bad at other times. Now the Kingskerswell bypass is complete it is easier to get into/out of. There are some lovely areas of torbay (and some pretty horrible ones!).

Torbay is still rated as the most deprived area in the westcountry and to be completely honest neither me or my husband would consider moving back as we would be concerned about our children's future prospects.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now