uPVC doors - replacement hinges?

(3 Posts)
kernowgal Wed 04-May-16 07:43:10

Hi all,

One of the flag hinges on my side door has broken and I need to replace it. I will probably replace all three at the same time as they're looking a bit rusty and knackered. However I can't find out who made the door - the lock says Mila but the strip around the inside edge of the door says Roto. None of the replacement hinges online match the ones I've got.

Is there such a thing as a generic flag hinge that will fit all doors? Would like to get it right first time!

Otherwise is it possible to just buy the door (ie not the surround) as I also need to replace the bottom panel from a moulded one to a flat one to fit a cat flap.

Thanks in advance!

wowfudge Wed 04-May-16 11:51:40

I would go to a local supplier of double glazing supplies. This kind of thing is usually not expensive - have a Google. There will be one on an industrial estate somewhere nearby. Take the broken hinge with you and take photos of the door and they will be able to help you.

kernowgal Wed 04-May-16 12:18:16

Thanks, it was fitted by a local supplier so I should probably give them a call first. The doors date back to the early 90s so are probably obsolete but surely there's some sort of generic hinge for uPVC doors! The ones I've seen are a tenner or so, not too bad.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now