Beigey grey or greyish beige?

(11 Posts)
SchnitzelVonKrumm Tue 03-May-16 17:42:58

Carpet. Driving me mad. DH no use (colourblind). Need to do 4 bedrooms, stairs and landing, so an expensive decision. I like this carpet but mithering over shades of minimal difference. Help me, MNers!

Beigey grey
or
Greyish beige

wateryfalls Tue 03-May-16 17:43:57

The second one gets my vote, it's much more neutral.

Karcheer Tue 03-May-16 17:57:14

Second one, but I'd take samples to your house and see which looks best.

GruffaloPants Tue 03-May-16 17:59:32

Greyish beige

alwaysfancywine Tue 03-May-16 18:03:35

It's such a tricky decision - we've just spent two weekends in carpet right doing the same! We went for Tusk in the end which is a very neutral beigey colour. I gave up in the end - got colour blindness and just wanted a get it over with. No matter what shade you choose, remember you won't even notice in a year! If you are going with carpet right, you can definitely ask for a discount - we got about £300 off without even trying. Good luck!

SchnitzelVonKrumm Tue 03-May-16 19:40:39

Karcheer Unhelpfully, the samples each look slightly better in different rooms or lights confused

Actually I have so many greige samples I could probably stick them together and carpet the house that way.

Hero1callylost Tue 03-May-16 20:08:08

Of course they'll look better/worse in different lights, that's what light does to colour! smile Do you have to go for the same colour throughout the four rooms? Why not pick the best for each room?

NattyGolfJerkin Tue 03-May-16 20:16:35

They both look like office carpet to me <helpful>, but if I had to choose I'd go option 2

wowfudge Tue 03-May-16 20:53:11

The second one is warmer and easier to live with imo. I couldn't imagine putting the same carpet through those rooms and the hall, stairs and landing though.

wowfudge Tue 03-May-16 20:57:28

I've just remembered something I read on MN - a looped carpet won't wear as well as a cut pile carpet on stairs. The loops start unlooping at the edges and where the carpet is pushed between the treads and risers (where it has been cut) apparently.

Readabook1 Wed 04-May-16 09:52:47

I think it looks much nicer if you do not mix too many colours Halls stairs and public rooms in one colour then the bedrooms in another colour but one which matches
eg lighter shade in bedrooms Remember the bedrooms usually take much less bashing than the other rooms so you can put cheaper carpets in them

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now