has anyone tried Ronseal single coat tile paint??

(3 Posts)
Mrsboathook Fri 29-Apr-16 12:42:08

Thrilling subject!

We have bought a new house, of which the kitchen will have to do a few more years before we can replace it. The cupboards etc are ok but the tiles are darkish green and pretty dated. I was thinking of painting them as a temporary update. Anyone done this or am I mad?

DuaneBenzie Sat 30-Apr-16 07:30:27

We used it to spruce up the grim nicotine yellow (the only way I can think of to describe the shade of yellow: they weren't actually nicotine stained) tiles in our kitchen recently & it worked surprisingly well.

Ok so they don't look like new tiles, and if you look closely you can see the odd drip of paint (it's v thick & runs slowly so be careful you don't put too much on), but they look loads better than they did & it saved us loads of hassle/cost of replacing them with new tiles. We used a grout pen to redo the grout lines after which also worked well. I'd say definitely go for it.

Sychnant Sat 30-Apr-16 13:30:03

I've used it. As Duane said they won't look perfect but if you can live with that, go for it.

I did mine around 10 years ago, needed 2 coats. Last year I did one more coat to freshen them back up and the difference is amazing. An easy and cheap way to make things look much nicer smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now