Mirror wall in bathroom

(7 Posts)
thisisbloodyridiculous Fri 29-Apr-16 10:00:18

I'm planning my new bathroom which will be internal with no windows. I used to rent a flat with a small internal bathroom which had an enormous mirror all along one wall from about halfway up the wall.

I've done some googling and can't seem to find anything like this - has anyone put something similar in & where did you get it from? Thanks!

namechangedtoday15 Fri 29-Apr-16 12:26:05

We have - if you find a local glass supplier, or glazing company, they will often produce made to measure mirrors (or know someone who will!). We are going to do this too.

Kummerspeck Fri 29-Apr-16 12:33:01

We got ours from a local glazing company (can recommend them if you are near Preston)

Be careful with placement though. We moved into a house years ago with a huge number of mirror tiles in the bathroom. Seeing a kaleidoscope effect of yourself on the loo from several angles was quite disconcerting!

Kummerspeck Fri 29-Apr-16 12:33:54

Must clarify our new one is beautiful and is well placed so reflects nothing unexpected at all! grin

snowgirl1 Fri 29-Apr-16 12:41:07

I put something like this in my previous house - just measure and go to your local glaziers. Depending how big the mirror is, you might need to get special fittings and/or the right type of 'glue' to ensure it's safely held against the wall - the glazier should be advise.

Lollylovesbones Fri 29-Apr-16 12:46:53

A local glazier did ours

GinIceAndASlice Fri 29-Apr-16 12:54:03

I've just ordered one which is 1984mm by 1240mm and its costing £215 including fitting. I Googled a local glass company who came out and measured it. You can get them online cheap but I was concerned about fitting such a big mirror.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now