bunk beds that convert to high sleeper?

(4 Posts)
TremoloGreen Mon 25-Apr-16 19:35:18

I'm looking for some kind of flexible/modular kids furniture that can start off life as a pair of bunk beds then later have the bottom bed swapped out for a desk/sofa combo or clothes storage. I've been looking at the FLEXA website and it looks like their furniture might do that but can't find the right information anywhere.

Des anyone have anything like this?

ForgivenNotForgotten Mon 25-Apr-16 19:43:04

I have a plain wooden high sleeper frame (from ebay) with an ordinary wooden single bed frame placed at right angles underneath. It works pretty well, and looks good too.

If / when I need to, I will just take away the single bed and replace with a desk or clothes storage (probably also from ebay).

lovemycrazykids Tue 03-May-16 15:45:31

I have Thuka bunk beds, they started as bunk beds that can be seperated in to 2 beds and you can buy a high sleeper conversion kit for one of the beds. They are quite pricey but are very solid, we currently have one high sleeper with the seperate single bed at right angle as the above . That way I can also fit a desk underneath with enough height to sit a teenager!

wyldstile Tue 03-May-16 21:21:56

Flexa system is great. Really sturdy, you get the basic beds and then extra bits which join 2 together as bunks, or legs/ladder for mid or high sleeper. They sell other bits of furniture too. Got ours second hand and they look like they'll last forever.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now