Blackout curtain solution for a newborn

(6 Posts)
Juliejules33 Sun 24-Apr-16 16:08:26

Hi

I am looking for a solution for a perfect darkness for a newborn room. I have seen mums recommending the blackout curtain with Velcro. The reviews are very good but it seems that they need to be stuck - with Velcro - and removed every day. Please would you have any recommendation anyone?

Thank you!!!!!

quirkychick Sun 24-Apr-16 16:12:46

We have the blackout version with velcro, they are really good as dd's bedroom is east facing and gets loads of light first thing. Ours are from easy blinds, I think they do one which is suctioned to the window too.

quirkychick Sun 24-Apr-16 16:16:17

Just seen your other thread, we have high Victorian windows too, and curtains with blackout lining as well. The room does get flooded with light! I just stand on steps to peel off/press on - v easy, we have had them for 10yrs in that room.

Juliejules33 Sun 24-Apr-16 18:50:14

Many thanks quirky chic!!!! I am going to look at your recommendations right now!!!!

BayeauxT Sun 24-Apr-16 19:33:29

Hi, if you are at all handy you could make your own - buy velcro and use a hot glue gun to stick one side of the velcro to the top of the window frame, then sew the other side onto blackout material - ours cost about £10 to make. I didn't even bother with seams as you don't see it once the other useless blind is down and curtains are drawn.

Juliejules33 Sun 24-Apr-16 20:37:26

Thank you BayeauxT - will have to test my DIY non legendary skills! Thank you again for your tip!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now