Mix & Match Kitchens - B&Q units and ikea doors?

(5 Posts)
KirstyHeath Sat 16-Apr-16 15:50:25

I'm after some advice. I'm about to move house and we drastically need to sort out the kitchen when we move in there. At the moment there are a few old units that we are looking to reuse but put new doors on (preferably from Ikea). We also need to add a few new units in to make the kitchen more complete and B&Q do cheap base units - will these and the old units be compatiable with Ikea doors? Will it be a case of just drilling new holes or will they be different heights/widths?

Thank you!

Readabook1 Sat 16-Apr-16 17:12:54

I looked at Ikea a couple of years ago Things might have changed but some of their
sizes are different and they did not have any 30 cm units If you go their website it
tells you the sizes

Brugmansia Sat 16-Apr-16 17:26:51

Why not just use Ikea units? They are also cheap and good quality for the price. I doubt b&q ones are cheaper.

lalalonglegs Sat 16-Apr-16 19:19:55

The Ikea doors will not fit the B&Q carcasses. I agree that Ikea carcasses are at least as cheap as B&Q and, imo, a lot better quality. I am sad that they have got rid of 30/50/100 cm units though.

RaisingSteam Sat 16-Apr-16 20:17:37

You can get one or two carcases and single kitchen doors and drawer fronts in UK standard ( ie B&Q);sizes from online suppliers and even ebay. What style do you want?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now