How much to repaint 1930s pebble dash rendered terrace?

(9 Posts)
PerkinsRents Sat 16-Apr-16 02:06:58

We've been quoted £2,600 to repaint front and back, replenish window sills and repaint pipework. We're in London and were expecting to pay about a grand. Are we out of touch and does this sound reasonable? Any tips?

LBOCS2 Sat 16-Apr-16 06:54:57

We had three quotes to do the front of ours, and they were £650, £1100 and about £2k. I think it depends as much as anything on the level of attention to detail you want. We just wanted it painted to hide the horrible pebbledash and protect the soffits, so we got a local handyman to do it.

Ifailed Sat 16-Apr-16 07:01:44

if its a typical terrace, £2.6k sounds ok, especially if the sills are being replaced. Does the quote give a breakdown of costs? (in London also)

Sparklycat Sat 16-Apr-16 07:31:23

Following with interest, ours is semi detached in the south and currently bright yellow confused would love a muted colour!

PerkinsRents Sat 16-Apr-16 08:02:02

The quote includes repainting pebble dash front and back and on our front garden wall. The quote also includes repainting fascias, soffits, and woodstain for window sills. They'll also be repainting some brickwork. The quote includes all materials.

Ifailed Sat 16-Apr-16 08:09:21

so PR, what does the breakdown look-like, material v labour? It's the latter than will be higher in London, off the top of my head I'm guessing at about 2.2k for that, which equates to around 3 weeks of work?

PerkinsRents Sat 16-Apr-16 08:56:02

Thanks Ifailed There's no breakdown of materials vs. labour. They said it would take 2-3 days. Not sure how many ppl would work on it though.

Ifailed Sat 16-Apr-16 08:57:46

2-3 days? sounds like quite a team, I'd expect they'll be working at the front and back simultaneously.

TheWildRumpyPumpus Sat 16-Apr-16 09:01:00

We had a team of two guys repaint the pebbledash on our old semi, took them under a week and cost about 1.6k I think. That was 2 years ago on London outskirts.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now