Experience of bi-fold doors with integrated blinds?

(3 Posts)
namechangedtoday15 Fri 15-Apr-16 16:12:13

Builder has recommended them - hadn't really considered them.

So will be in kitchen / diner / living space. 4m bi fold doors. Wasn't planning on having doors dressed at all - builder thinks we'll need something and says integral blinds are the way to go.

So couple of questions - if garden is south west facing (quite sunny in afternoon / evening) will we need blinds of some sort?

If so, would you recommend the integrated blinds? Concerned that if something goes wrong, it will be expensive to fix?

Overrunwithlego Fri 15-Apr-16 16:19:48

We have integral blinds in our bifold doors. Love them. Absolutely no hassle at all. No cleaning, no cord worries, no damage worries. They are expensive but worth it in my opinion. I'm not quite sure what could go wrong with them given that there is no way they can be damaged. They work using a magnetic cord system that is otherwise stored in a kitchen drawer. I think ours came with at least a 10 year guarantee.

namechangedtoday15 Fri 15-Apr-16 16:58:07

Thank you, that's really useful. I was thinking the blinds becoming jammed / not lining up correctly.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now