I need PigletJohn Ancient house plumbing problem

(6 Posts)
derxa Thu 14-Apr-16 20:27:39

I've had DynoRod out today. Slow draining sink. Washing machine water fills sink
Dish washer not cleaning properly. It's a farmhouse and has old drainage pipes.
The DynoRod man tried everything. He sucked gunk out of the pipes which was full of worms shock WTF!

Moving15 Thu 14-Apr-16 20:49:37

Sounds like your drains have collapsed and are filling with soil and friendly worms. You need to send cameras down to inspect them and find the breach! Are there trees nearby whose roots could be causing this problem?

derxa Thu 14-Apr-16 21:04:53

Thanks No trees. The collapsing sounds likely.

PigletJohn Fri 15-Apr-16 08:41:07

If it's old, there is probably a gulley outside the kitchen which will have broken at the bend. First thing is to verify, and if so dig it up and replace.

A camera sent up the underground pipes from the manholes will show what damage exists before you start digging. Quite often when you start digging up salt-glazed clay pipes, you dig up one to replace it, and find the one it connects to is also broken, so you dig up that one, and find the one it connects to is also broken....

If extensions and patios have thoughtlessly been laid over the old drains, and no manholes, it will be more tiresome.

Observe that your sewage-eating worms are red. If you know any hobby fishermen they might like them.

derxa Fri 15-Apr-16 10:26:08

Thanks so much for replying. OMG it sounds expensive Local plumber coming next week and I'll pass on your thoughts No extensions or patios.
What do you think of Dynorod? I paid £145 for 2 hours of tutting and complaining
He was almost suggesting we had cut up bodies and hence the worms shock

AgathaF Fri 15-Apr-16 10:33:48

We're just having drains replaced on our old property, and have had them done in the past. If you can do the digging out yourself to expose the drains, you'll save a lot of money in labour time. We've done that before and then just had someone in to actually change the drains over. Being lazy this time and having the drain company do the digging, since they're six feet down and under a patio too. They're digging away right now, in the rain!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now