Farnborough Park area (Surrey)- urgent help- putting in an offer today!

(15 Posts)
ZombiesAreClammyDodgers Mon 11-Apr-16 01:33:48

Talk to me about it please! We are putting in an offer for a property there.
The Farnborough town centre seems a bit grim but am I missing something?
Also, is the Farnborough Park area nice?
Is aircraft noise or vibration a problem?
Is St. Patrick's Catholic Primary good?
Tell me anything you know about Farnborough or this area in particular, please! The commute to Waterloo seems to work for us and the school is close. Are we missing anything??

gingerchick Mon 11-Apr-16 01:42:42

Farnborough is Hampshire not Surrey

ZombiesAreClammyDodgers Mon 11-Apr-16 01:47:48

Sorry, meant Hampshire!! Head is full of both, having driven around all over the place this weekend.
Goes to show how well I know the place (not!)

gingerchick Mon 11-Apr-16 01:50:02

Ha, it's a nice area, town isn't great but there's been quite a lot of regeneration,

gingerchick Mon 11-Apr-16 01:52:23

South farnborough is a better juniors than St Patrick's but I'm not religious.

gingerchick Mon 11-Apr-16 01:58:08

When the airshow is on the noise is terrible and I live near the fleet end of Farnborough now but that is only once a year, Wavell is the only well thought of secondary in the area that isn't independent. Where is the house? Near the tec?

ZombiesAreClammyDodgers Mon 11-Apr-16 01:59:55

Thanks! Yes, just north of it.

gingerchick Mon 11-Apr-16 02:06:49

It's not bad there, Fleet is better, good transport links etc, schools are better thought of, would move there but am in ha property so can't, have you looked in Fleet?, it's a little pricier but nicer imvho

ZombiesAreClammyDodgers Mon 11-Apr-16 06:53:48

Thanks, will have a look at Fleet.

firesidechat Mon 11-Apr-16 11:30:31

Where is Farnborough Park exactly? I know the are well and have never heard of it.

firesidechat Mon 11-Apr-16 11:36:20

Ok, just seen that it's near South Farnborough. It's in the nicer part of town, but the shopping centre is dire and depressing. The new cinema is a plus point.

ZombiesAreClammyDodgers Thu 14-Apr-16 14:25:27

Nope, we've decided not to. Thanks for all your help, guys.

littone Thu 14-Apr-16 14:39:29

House prices in Farnborough are a bit lower than neighbouring towns, because you have the airport and the motorway. Farnborough Park is considered the nicer side. Town is being regenerated but not great but easy access to nicer towns for shopping.

Neffi Thu 14-Apr-16 14:48:16

Born and bred in Farnborough but I had to look that up as it was never known as Farnborough Park in my day. Bloody estate agent speak.

Do they still have the donkey Derby down on that park? LOVED the donkey derby.

firesidechat Thu 14-Apr-16 15:30:32

Born and bred in Farnborough but I had to look that up as it was never known as Farnborough Park in my day. Bloody estate agent speak.

Phew, that's a relief * Neffi*. I was starting to doubt my own sanity as I've never heard it called that either.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now