Experiences with Easy fit or Perfect Fit blinds

(6 Posts)
lorelei9here Thu 07-Apr-16 11:43:22

hi all
I wonder if anyone has experience of fitting these themselves or having someone else do it. I'm interested to know if it's really as easy as it looks?

Also, it sounds mad but I'm really worried about someone fart arsing around with the windows - do they really clip in or will they have to take the gasket out? Also, the beading on my windows is on the outside, will this make a difference?

Thanks.

AgathaF Thu 07-Apr-16 16:05:08

We had the perfect fit venetian blinds in our last house, on french doors with a juliet balcony as we couldn't get anything else to fit the doors and allow them to open. They were really lovely and caused no damage to the window. Nothing has to be removed from the window, they just fit between the gasket and the glass. TBH they're really easy to fit, so you could probably save yourself some money and fit them yourself.

TennesseeMountainPointOfView Thu 07-Apr-16 16:17:28

I have them, took the fitter about 30 minutes to do 5 blinds. Hasn't damaged the windows at all.

One of them went funny a couple of weeks ago, and the blind kept falling back down when pushed up. They came and tightened it up, no charge, took about 5 minutes. This was over three years after they initially installed them, and the day after I rang to ask what I should do to fix it!

lorelei9here Thu 07-Apr-16 16:43:37

Thanks so much for this
one of the issues is the size of the window, it's nearly 2m across and I think I might end up with a made to measure company anyway because of that. I would prefer to fit it myself though, if it's really that easy it's good to know! Thanks.

AgathaF Thu 07-Apr-16 17:48:52

There are some youtube videos on fitting them. After we had the upstairs doors done, I fitted them myself in our porch. Really easy to do.

lorelei9here Thu 07-Apr-16 22:54:31

Thanks Agatha
Heard back from one supplier who said they have never come across them that size because the single frame wouldn't support the weight of the blind. I have a feeling they will all come back with that but we will see.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now