where do I start?

(9 Posts)
VK86 Tue 05-Apr-16 22:17:35

I'm moving house on Saturday, and I haven't started packing yet!
I'm moving from and to a 3 bed and have 2 children (and all the junk that entails)
I am going to start packing boxes tomorrow, I've never really moved house before as this was my first house and everything was bought new so was really just coordinating delivery dates rather than moving IYSWIM.
where am I best to start?

VK86 Tue 05-Apr-16 22:41:03

Bump

minipie Tue 05-Apr-16 22:45:14

Have you got your movers to quote for packing for you - might be less that you think (especially if you reckon it will avoid a breakage or two). Best money I ever spent!

Moving15 Tue 05-Apr-16 22:46:55

I echo the pp! Get your movers to pack for you!! Time is uncomfortably tight

VK86 Tue 05-Apr-16 22:53:55

I intend to just hire and van and DH and I and a few friends are going to help out.
We will have both houses for quite some time as the one in moving from hasn't sold yet so I don't need to have it all done in one afternoon.

RJnomore1 Tue 05-Apr-16 22:55:54

Start in the kitchen. What will you need between now and Saturday. One cup one bowl one plate each. One pot. One knife. One big spoon. One bKing tray. Eat easy food and pack everything else. You may need to buy bubble wrap as you're a bit late for newspaper collecting.

Then kids. Pack toys and books except the bed time toy. They will cope for a few days. Pack clothes except three outfits each.

Pack all books and DVDs etc.

Finally your own stuff.

Where things are in drWets that can be taken out leave them to transport like that.

Doddle to be done in four days.

RJnomore1 Tue 05-Apr-16 22:56:26

Oh and don't forget to label boxes in big letters on the side as you go.

VK86 Tue 05-Apr-16 22:59:10

Thanks that's really helpful! Will make a start tomorrow morning. smile

Pipbin Tue 05-Apr-16 23:01:37

Stop yakking on here and get packing.

I agree with RJ though. Start of the stuff you know you won't need. Books, CDs, clothes except for a few changes.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now