Webuyanyhouse-anyone used?

(8 Posts)
Littleelffriend Mon 04-Apr-16 14:22:43

Just as it says really, has anyone used them? Experiences?

bearbehind Mon 04-Apr-16 14:43:40

No personal experience but given the basic premise that they need to make a profit from selling your house on, they are going to pay you a pittance for it so it really does need to be the very last resort.

Littleelffriend Mon 04-Apr-16 15:09:03

Well I'm aware of their general reputation, however we buy any car have a terrible reputation but when I used them I got more than I would have got selling to a garage or privately therefore I was hoping someone had experience of using them.

AwakeCantSleep Mon 04-Apr-16 15:13:50

Don't be tempted. These companies are prone to offering you a (reasonably) decent deal to start with, and then gazunder at point of exchange of contracts. They have nothing to lose. This is their business model.

If you want a quick sale, price your house at the lower end of the realistic spectrum and offer it to cash buyers who can move quickly.

bearbehind Mon 04-Apr-16 15:21:34

It's a very different market to cars though.

Cars are relatively inexpensive and the difference in prices between a garage or WBAC fairly small because most of them end up in the same place ie auction or scrap yard and they can turn it around quickly.

Aside from anything else WBAH has to pay stamp duty on buying their stock and that alone is a massive cost they have to recover.

Littleelffriend Mon 04-Apr-16 18:55:12

I just can't get viewers through the door and I'm starting to panic. I don't know what else to do.

bearbehind Mon 04-Apr-16 19:02:46

If you are not even getting viewers then it's more than likely the price that's the problem.

That might be because the advert isn't justifying the price or, if the house is being shown to its potential then it's probably just too expensive.

Based on WBAH needing to cover the stamp duty, all conveyancing costs plus make a profit, their offer price is going to be way lower than whatever you are advertising at now so you have scope to reduce the price quite drastically before you get low enough for them to be an option.

Remember they need to sell it on so their offer price will be based on what they think they could get for it (and given you aren't getting viewings at your price, it'll be a lot lower than that) less costs and profit.

sparechange Thu 07-Apr-16 15:50:46

I haven't used them, but I know similar companies usually pay around 30% under market value.
If you are desperate to sell at a big discount, you'd probably be better of going to an auction, but if you haven't had any viewings, that probably means you are just asking too much money at the moment

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now