Has anyone used www.betterbathrooms.com?

(8 Posts)
werenotreallyhere Wed 30-Mar-16 14:01:43

Pretty much what it says! We have a showroom near us and wanted to see if anyone had used them and what they thought of the quality/prices etc?

Thanks in advance

Ragusa Wed 30-Mar-16 19:55:37

I recently bought a shower, shower panel and toilet from them. All seems good stuff to me, and was delivered when they said it would be. No complaints so far...

Blueboys2009 Wed 30-Mar-16 21:47:21

Was recommended these by a friend who does reonovations. Looked online and wondered what the catch was, so went to a showroom and was very impressed (and couldn't find the catch!) We went on to use them for main bathroom, en-suite and downstairs loo. Then my parents also used for new showeroom, and friend also using them for their new bathroom. Excellent quality/price - can't fault them really. Would recommend.

swillows Thu 31-Mar-16 09:05:45

Yes bought a toilet, basin, tap and waste for a new tiny understairs toilet. All really lovely. Looked at website and then went to Didcot showroom - changed our minds on the bits we'd chosen once we'd had a look around! But they had everything we wanted in stock. The warehouse guys unpacked everything to make sure it was all ok before we took it away - could fit it all in the car so didn't need a delivery. Would definitely use them again if needed. Avoid Victorian Plumbing who failed on delivery front (and be careful as there's lots of companies with similar name confused)

Pooseyfrumpture Thu 31-Mar-16 09:14:18

The guy that fitted our two bathrooms was not impressed, and he had to order replacements for stuff as he was fitting it. In 5 years we've had to replace many bits - the pop up bath and sink plugs do not pop and frequently like, daily get stuck. We cannot change temperature on either shower and haven't been able to for a number of years. The kids broke the bath panel and they sent us five replacements, none of which fitted, all of which they claimed did despite photographic evidence of the difference in shape and size and order number. But hey, lucky we had all those replacements to hack into an approximate shape, eh? hmm

werenotreallyhere Thu 31-Mar-16 20:45:43

thanks all, that's really helpful :-)

Bearbehind Thu 31-Mar-16 20:54:07

I have and so far so good.

I liked the fact their prices were really competitive and their showrooms are huge so you can view most things before you buy.

Unfortunately, i don't think anything at those kind of prices is design for longevity. There won't be the equivalent of today's 1960/70 bathrooms hanging around in 40/ 50 years.

MyLlamasGoneBananas Fri 08-Apr-16 01:32:21

We were all set to order a shower cubicle from them. Went and viewed it and then found the reason why it was such a good price. The shower tray was plastic and not stone resin as they are on lots of other places. That said when we queried it the staff were excellent and did show us a smaller range of stone resin trays yo buy separately and then the bits to build the cubicle. Just be aware of what materials your bathroom items are made out of before you buy and compare prices with elsewhere.

The staff in store were excellent and very very helpful and friendly. Probably the best in store experience we have had whilst bathroom shopping.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now