Hallway stone/beige colour any recommendations please???

(23 Posts)
Dickorydockwhatthe Tue 29-Mar-16 17:08:49

I was looking at a stone colour more beige then grey. I have a tester pot for soft stone but it looks quite pink on my wall hmm. It's a small hallway which is quite dark at the top of the landing and lighter downstairs. I want to go for a beige/brown carpet with a lighter fleck to keep it neutral and not too dark. I know the colour I want in my head and have seen pics but can't find the right paint.

wowfudge Tue 29-Mar-16 17:18:04

Sounds like the same issue I had last year. I ended up with London Stone from F&B I think. Looked darker in the showroom than I would originally have thought would be right, but having tried numerous testers I realised Oxford Stone was too light (different shade above dado rail). Have a look at Dulux Natural Hessian and Natural Wicker. I found that lots of paint colours which looked as though they would be okay were too pink toned.

Scotmum83 Tue 29-Mar-16 17:21:04

I've just done all my living spaces and hall in farrow and ball slipper satin. It's a beige/grey with a greeny base to it if that makes sense. Looks really soft and creamy in the morning I love it. I tried to colour match but couldn't get the colour right unfortunately.

Lucsy Tue 29-Mar-16 17:23:47

Mine is Jurassic stone. Is lovely

dotty2 Tue 29-Mar-16 18:01:21

We have F&B Elephants Breath in the hall/stairs (copied in Crown Trade paint) and it is more beige than it looks on the chart and is lovely. Lighter than the London Stone. I think Slipper Satin (which we have in a reception room) is much too light for a hall or at least one with messy people like us in it - more cream than beige.

Ifitaintfixed Tue 29-Mar-16 18:12:18

I've got an Oxford Stone room with London Stone woodwork, TBH it looks very brown.
Elephants Breath on the stairs and landing is pretty but has a definite mauve tinge.
Old White is beige with a slight green tinge.

Dickorydockwhatthe Tue 29-Mar-16 21:03:15

Thanks I will have a look. I currently have willow tree and apple white but they show the dirt and finger prints easily

Olecranon Wed 30-Mar-16 13:02:41

Homebase paint fresh linen would be perfect. It is a lovely stone coloured neutral.

namechangedtoday15 Wed 30-Mar-16 16:11:19

I would just be careful of F&B (unless you have it copied in another paint) in a high traffic area such as the hall. It does mark quite easily and needs painting over (rather than wiping) to get rid of grubby marks.

We have F&B in Elephants Breath in the sitting room which is worth a look - a mushroom/beige.

We have Dulux Endurance in Egyptian Cotton in the hall / stairs / landing - for ease of grubby-handmark-removal. Similar type of colour but a tiny bit lighter. We have Natural Hessian in the downstairs loo but I'd say that is more of a cream than a beige - its very light.

We also have Dulux Pebble Stone in lots of other rooms which is more of a beigey grey (I really love it).

Scotmum83 Wed 30-Mar-16 16:27:41

We went for the modern emulsion in f&b as its wipe able.

origamiwarrior Thu 31-Mar-16 09:17:55

Lucsy Could you tell me more about Jurassic stone? I'm looking for a definite grey, but one with a greeny tinge. My research suggests Jurassic stone might be to green with grey'ey tinge.

Lucsy Thu 31-Mar-16 13:16:00

It's grey with a tinge of green
It looks different in different lights. In my kitchen and hallway it looks more grey. In my bedroom it looks more green. Is a lovely calm colour that's not too dark.

Lucsy Thu 31-Mar-16 13:24:03

This is my bathroom in same colour.

Lucsy Thu 31-Mar-16 13:26:28

Same colour different light smile

WonderingAspie Thu 31-Mar-16 16:11:43

We had a tester for soft stone in our old house and didn't like the way it came out, way too dark. We went for natural hessian instead and loved it so much we are doing it in our new house, also in the hallway. It was in the living room in our old house. We have natural wicker in DS's room, I would say that it more cream than beige. We also have natural calico in the front room, also more cream than beige.

origamiwarrior Thu 31-Mar-16 16:14:26

Thank you Lucsy -very kind of you. It looks great - it's for the tongue and groove in our bathroom (with the wall above painted an off-white). I will get a tester!

iseenodust Thu 31-Mar-16 16:21:45

Dulux almond white is not white but a beige without cream tones if that makes sense.

Rupster Thu 31-Mar-16 16:37:37

You could try Dulux Natural Hessian which is a warm beige.

Sidge Thu 31-Mar-16 17:51:45

We've got Jurassic Stone in our hall. It's definitely more green than beige but a very soft sage green. Our lounge is Just Walnut which is definitely more brown but still pale and soft.

Coldtoeswarmheart Thu 31-Mar-16 21:05:46

We have Soft Stone and it's kind of like the colour of fresh plaster once dry. We also have Natural Hessian (both Dulux) which I would say is a warm neutral cream. I really like the Endurance paint for sheer scrubability.

CallMeMousie Thu 31-Mar-16 21:47:12

We've got Little Greene Stock Mid in our hallway - it's a warm beige colour and goes beautifully with the Cotswold stone colours round here.

HalsallRedux Thu 31-Mar-16 21:54:06

F & B Savage Ground is lovely.

DooWhop Fri 01-Apr-16 03:56:01

Valspar Sheepskin Rug. Love it and half of my house is painted in it...blush

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now