Bespoke fireguard

(6 Posts)
lavendersun Mon 28-Mar-16 08:36:55

Has anyone had one made that they can recommend, have found this man, I like the look of his work but if anyone knows about any others to consider that would be great.

wroughtandriveted.co.uk/fire-products/fireguards/

wonkylegs Mon 28-Mar-16 11:51:35

We haven't had a bespoke fire guard from these guys but have had a bespoke Fender - it's lovely and fab quality
www.thorpesgosforth.co.uk/page_2141165.html

lavendersun Tue 29-Mar-16 12:43:59

Thank you - off to look.

welshman2012 Tue 29-Mar-16 14:27:40

We bought a doublesided stove from Vesta Stoves and they made us a bespoke fireguard to go with it in the same colour.

You can find the website here www.vestastoves.co.uk

lavendersun Tue 29-Mar-16 16:23:26

Thank you welshman. Should have said that the fireplace early Georgian, very Jane Austen front parlour like.

I think I like the look of the wrought and riveted best so far although haven't searched extensively due to lack of broadband! I feel like he will make me something that looks like it belongs iyswim.

lavendersun Tue 06-Sep-16 20:59:42

Well, the guy at Wroght and Riveted had a waiting list but I received my fireguard today - really really pleased with it.

He designed it/had some really good ideas, there is even a tiny leg in the middle on the back side of it. The hearth steps away by about 3/4 inch and the leg is bent and exactly the right length.

Really good value for a mtm handmade guard too.

I was right about him making something that looks like it belongs.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now