Fitted wardrobes ikea, jali.com or someone else?

(9 Posts)
Karcheer Sun 27-Mar-16 12:12:17

I'm having an extension built and will need to buy some fitted wardrobes for my dressing room and a guest bedroom.

Who is good and who to avoid?

Thank you!

QuadrupleL Sun 27-Mar-16 18:32:22

I spent about £120 on contiboard and had a carpenter make a fitted wardrobe for me - it took him about 4 hours. I think I paid £250 in total which was a darn site cheaper than fitted wardrobes and tailored exactly how I want them.

silversixpence Tue 29-Mar-16 22:35:26

Saw a Jali wardrobe at the ideal home show and was impressed but I'm put off by the price and having to paint it ourselves. I have seen some pine and MDF wardrobes on eBay for around £400 for a four door wardrobe but am hesitating as can't tell the quality.

puffylovett Tue 29-Mar-16 22:59:58

Following! Quadruplel did that include the inside, Ie hanging rails, drawers etc?

TheLesserSpottedBee Wed 30-Mar-16 07:42:13

I have a house full lots of Ikea Pax wardrobes, some of them are 15 years old, they have been collapsed down a couple of times when we moved house.

As our needs have changed over the years we have reconfigured the interiors a lot and what we love is the price.

A single 50cm wide 201cm high pax frame is £35, a double 100cm wide is £55. Add £10 to those to choose the 234cm high ones.

A hanging rail is £3 for a single and £5 for a double. I cannot praise them enough.

silversixpence Wed 30-Mar-16 10:08:27

these are the ones I was looking at on EBay. Any thoughts on quality?

escape Wed 30-Mar-16 15:10:30

Buy total coincidence was looking at the same myself last night SilverSixpence - all his reviews are good?
They are not fitted though, of course.

Karcheer Wed 30-Mar-16 18:47:49

thelesser this is what I like about pax, I can add and remove shelves as I change my mind

I didn't realise jali were at the ideal,home expo, I went and must have missed them :/

silversixpence Wed 30-Mar-16 23:08:57

Karcheer they didn't have a stand but the Sanderson model home had one in the main bedroom, it wasn't fitted but seemed good quality and solid.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now