Kitchen cabinet and worktop colour help please.

(8 Posts)
Kingfisherfree Thu 24-Mar-16 13:50:39

I need some help on a colour combination for my cabinets and worktop. I am useless so I'm hoping someone with style can help.

My cabinets will be in pavillon grey ( the broadoak range from DIY kitchens something like this - and I like this worktop it's Duropal in Plankton.
Pavilion grey . Will these colours clash? Dh will not entertain a lighter top as the cabinets are light.

Kingfisherfree Thu 24-Mar-16 13:51:12

Many thanks smile

OnePlanOnHouzz Thu 24-Mar-16 15:26:54

Is it south facing or north ? Or something else ! And how much of this type of daylight comes in ? As this will affect the colour of daylight - and that affects which colours work and which don't too !

Kingfisherfree Thu 24-Mar-16 15:30:06

Anyone out there?

Kingfisherfree Thu 24-Mar-16 15:36:59

It's south facing.

namechangedtoday15 Thu 24-Mar-16 15:44:49

I don't think they go very well from the photos - sorry! I think you need to go darker with the cabinets with the worktop you have chosen, or lighter with the worktop to go with the cabinet colour you have chosen. I realise that's not much help!

OnePlanOnHouzz Thu 24-Mar-16 15:47:20

You could go for cooler colours but from what you've chosen already I think it looks like you prefer Warner tones ... Personally I'd go for light tops ... They are easy to see when they need proper cleaning !

Kingfisherfree Thu 24-Mar-16 16:55:35

Yes that's what I thought. The kitchen is quite small so darker tops not so good. Maybe a flat dark grey worktops?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now