Moving to herne bay

(6 Posts)
feefeehaynes Tue 22-Mar-16 13:45:07

Were looking at moving to herne bay area from Dagenham. My husband and our child they will be 2 and 3. We are going in may for a week just to make sure we like it before we plan anything. What can anyone tell me about the area. Is it nice. I mean I know everywhere has rough areas ect. Are schools good. They seem good from what I've seen so.f.is there lots to do. Is it expensive ect. Any info appreciated thank you x

Artandco Tue 22-Mar-16 13:47:50

It's a bit of a dive tbh. Not terrible, as in its perfectly safe etc but nothing there really. No decent shops, no decent cafes, no entertainment. Schools are average at primary, and bad at secondary ( only one school), impossible to get into other schools in the next towns now.

If you can afford to, go into Canterbury instead

feefeehaynes Tue 22-Mar-16 14:04:45

We are looking at all Canterbury herne bay just seemed nice lol.

Artandco Tue 22-Mar-16 14:13:18

It's full of old retired people basically.

pizzaeatingmonkey Tue 22-Mar-16 15:31:08

I lived in Herne Bay for 30 years, it has improved greatly since I left ( a co incidence) I was there on Sunday visiting friends and it is so much younger feeling.
There are quite a few nursing homes, but you get that at every seaside town.
They have coffee shops and a couple of good restaurants.
Canterbury is very expensive and Whitstable ridiculously so, especially somewhere that is a constant flood risk!

pizzaeatingmonkey Wed 23-Mar-16 10:34:11

thread killer strikes again!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now