Floorplan or 3D planning software

(5 Posts)
lalalonglegs Sun 20-Mar-16 18:39:41

I wondered if anyone knew of some easy-to-use software that wasn't punishingly expensive that I could use to draw floorplans and 3D layouts for projects. I'm not fantastically competent with tech so it would have to be quite simple - I found CAD very hard work when I was taught it several years ago - but if it could allow features such as importing colours etc that would be excellent.

TIA

StillRunningWithScissors Sun 20-Mar-16 19:32:30

Have you looked at SketchUp? It's made by Google. You can use a free version, or pay for a pro one

There are tons of libraries of already created elements (for example ikea kitchen cabinets) that you can search and use (also free).

YouTube tutorials are really easy to follow too.

lelf79 Sun 20-Mar-16 23:33:35

I've used this before with some success, there's not a huge variety of options to choose from but it was enough to help me visualise a kitchen layout
It's free so you are only allowed a certain number of "plans" before you need to pay but i've had about 12 before and that was more than enough

lalalonglegs Mon 21-Mar-16 10:26:09

Thanks - I'm going to have a go with SketchUp.

HollyMaingate Mon 21-Mar-16 11:44:40

I use Roomsketcher which is really simple

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now