wheelie bin blight - please post/link to solutions

(13 Posts)
gingeroots Sat 19-Mar-16 11:28:17

Goodness I hate them ,am obsessed .Anything that I like is too expensive
www.frontyardcompany.co.uk/products/bindock_new.html

What do people do ?

Trollicking Sat 19-Mar-16 11:33:46

Ohh, those are nice aren't they. It would be very easy to make your own version.

Otherwise a roll of flexible bamboo fence placed around the bins is extremely easy and quick.

JeffreySadsacIsUnwell Sat 19-Mar-16 12:26:51

Check out ideas on Pinterest - some great creative solutions!

A very quick cheap solution would be trellis - if you didn't like the see-through effect, you could staple ply or something (waterproof it first!) to the back. Or make a living wall out of an old pallet and weedproof membrane; if you add castors you'd be able to wheel it out of the way to get your bins out.

JeffreySadsacIsUnwell Sat 19-Mar-16 12:30:21

Wow, just clicked that link - how much are they charging?!? Very easy to make your own version though you'd have to work out how much weight you needed it to bear - but Google links to living shed roofs, it's the same concept.

Karcheer Sat 19-Mar-16 12:36:10

Gosh they are expensive.
I think I'm going to get something like this

gingeroots Sat 19-Mar-16 12:46:27

planted wooden pallets on wheels ,now there's a thought ...

gingeroots Sat 19-Mar-16 12:58:20

Doesn't seem much on on Pinterest that's different ,maybe I'm looking in wrong place ?

JeffreySadsacIsUnwell Sat 19-Mar-16 13:47:07

Hm, try 'front garden' + 'bins' as search terms? I didn't search for bin storage but noticed the ideas when I was researching garden ideas. I don't have access to Pinterest atm or I'd look! Pinterest also has lots of pics of converted pallets.

wowfudge Sat 19-Mar-16 15:34:38

You can get Keter wheelie bin stores where the lid lifts up. Not the prettiest, but better than the bins themselves and you can plant up and around them.

gingeroots Sat 19-Mar-16 17:02:58

Thanks jeffery that did bring more up .

And thanks fudge ,I think planting might be crucial..

Qwebec Sun 20-Mar-16 00:09:55

I dont know if I am missing the obvious, but how to you throw you garbage in the wheelie bin? Are you supposed to pull them out each time you wan to get something in?

PigletJohn Sun 20-Mar-16 01:17:35

if you wanted something cheap, you could make a L-shaped shelter with fence panels. It only needs to be about as high as the bins. If you want a gate front that can be repeatedly opened without falling apart, you will need a supporting frame. Decking boards are fairly cheap and weatherproof. You can use fence stains in a variety of garish attractive colours, or in brown.

gingeroots Sun 20-Mar-16 12:00:44

You're right I think PJ . But I expect I'll get overcharged ( no skills myself ) .Sigh .

Here's a tip - ask to see receipts for materials .I didn't .Quite shocked when delivery arrived to find how much stuff I was paying for !

Qwbec those ex[pensive metal ones are quite high so I think you could lift lid in situ .Or pull out .

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now