Sliding door wardrobe doing my tits in.

(3 Posts)
Roseberrry Tue 15-Mar-16 18:19:18

As the title says, ds has a sliding door wardrobe and its the biggest pain to open and close. It seems to be on its tracks right but will only open halfway unless you give it a big shove.
Can I fix this easily? I was thinking of even taking the sliding doors off and somehow turning it in to a normal wardrobe with open shelves at the side but I'm not sure how easy that would be.

wowfudge Tue 15-Mar-16 19:14:52

Have you tried spraying the tracks with silicone furniture polish? Might help. Sounds as though there might be a part missing, like e little wheel on the bottom edge that sits in the track.

PigletJohn Wed 16-Mar-16 17:45:13

it can be fluff and dirt in the tracks, or larger object. Use hoover snout and a small paintbrush to clean out, also the pivots of the runners so far as you can, though it will be difficult without dismantling. Only lube after you have cleaned, or you will create a paste that future dirt will stick to. If you want to lift the doors off their tracks you will need two people.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now