Kitchen lines with sliding doors

(6 Posts)
didireallysaythat Sat 12-Mar-16 18:31:53

Does anyone know of a kitchen manufacturer offering sliding doors (the sort where you open the cupboard and then the doors slide back next to the cupboard) ?

Leicht do them but I can't find anyone else. Hafele sell the fittings..

RaisingSteam Sun 13-Mar-16 09:21:24

I think you could use any cabinet, just take the door off its hinges and put the Hafele mechanism instead. It should not be beyond the skill of the fitter to undo a few screws and drill a few holes. They used to get fitted on TV and hifi cabinets when TVs were huge and it was the thing to put them in a cupboard.

You could try an independent kitchen showroom as they can order in anything they want and aren't tied to the Wickes standard range or whatever.

RaisingSteam Sun 13-Mar-16 09:22:26

try googling pocket door slide or flipper door.

didireallysaythat Sun 13-Mar-16 10:20:03

I had a bit of a Google. The thing that is stopping it being easy i think is that the carcass width needs to be different to allow the doors to tuck in - ie the inside width can't be 600mm or 1200mm.

RaisingSteam Sun 13-Mar-16 16:17:33

I think the door goes inside the standard unit. You might be restricted with shelves/fittings, or have to fit another inside "wall" to hang the shelves on like this. It's just chipboard, you can order extra matching panels to chop up for things like this. It's more about whether the kitchen company and their fitter will source the parts and build it for you as a bespoke item - it won't be in the standard range.

Thinking about it my friend had a thing like this - the door flipped up to the top of the unit for a cabinet with her microwave inside.

didireallysaythat Sun 13-Mar-16 17:06:31

Thanks Raising. Leicht offer it as standard on some of their ranges (you can hide ovens etc in extra wide cabinets) but I can't find anyone else who does. I don't mind the idea of "winging" it for one or two cabinets but for a whole line, including appliances, I thought it might be safer to go with a designed one.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now