Airing Cupboard leak on floor!

(6 Posts)
Emma3010 Thu 10-Mar-16 07:05:10

I need some help! Last week we noticed we had a leak coming through ceiling in the downstairs hallway right above the airing cupboard - floor was very wet upstairs so put towels down and called a plumber - after a period of deduction it looks like it's not the hot water tank but could be the pipe work underneath the shower tray - my question really is we haven't used the shower or the sink upstairs for over 4 days now and it doesn't seem to be drying - I'm worried I'm being fobbed off by plumber as to what it could be? Taking the shower apart is a big job but I can't see how it can be the shower and/or sink when we aren't using them?

lalalonglegs Thu 10-Mar-16 16:54:12

It could be the feed pipes into them rather than the waste pipes out of them. Have you turned off the water supply to the shower/sink?

PigletJohn Thu 10-Mar-16 20:02:01

if it's coming through the ceiling, it's a leak upstairs.

When you say "above the airing cupboard " do you mean "below the airing cupboard ?"

What's up there?

Bath, WC, basin, shower cube? Or it might be a pipe.

Take the bath panel off first and look around the taps, the bath overflow, and the bath waste.

Then play the shower on the walls of the cube as it might be getting through defects in the wall/tray seal.

What is the bathroom flooring?

PigletJohn Thu 10-Mar-16 20:03:17

oh, and poke a skewer through the ceiling to let the water drain out into a bucket. A lot of water can lie above a ceiling.

JT05 Thu 10-Mar-16 21:33:45

When this happened to us, it was the central heating pump leaking. It was located near the hot water tank in the airing cupboard.

PigletJohn Thu 10-Mar-16 21:45:07

if the cylinder is above the wet patch, what colour is the cylinder?

photos would help.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now