Induction hob with a gas burner

(13 Posts)
candleframe Wed 09-Mar-16 11:21:01

Has anybody got one of these? I want a four burner induction hob and one gas burner, but only AEG seem to do one.

www.johnlewis.com/aeg-hd955100nb-built-in-glass-induction-and-gas-hob-black/p1853306

Does anybody have it, and does it work well and look good etc.? I would like a flex induction hob but can't find one with a gas burner too.

I am considering getting a domino hob, but I don't like the idea of three separate pieces. Is it possible to combine something like these two next to each other?
www.johnlewis.com/neff-t51d53x2-induction-hob-black/p919593
www.johnlewis.com/neff-n24k35n0-domino-gas-wok-hob-black-glass/p907108

Or do both items have to be from a domino range?

swillows Mon 21-Mar-16 11:13:49

We have just had our kitchen done and combined a four 'ring' induction hob with a domino gas burner - I think it looks great. You will just need to check that the particular models can indeed sit side by side which the Neff helpline could tell you (or John Lewis staff!) We had to buy a 'connecting' strip which apparently is attached to the underside of the worktop and provides further balance for the hobs as there is only one cut-out in the worktop that they both sit in. Assume the strip was put in by our kitchen fitter as we actually can't see it!! Our hobs are from Bosch.

magicstar1 Mon 21-Mar-16 11:35:43

We've bought an Ikea induction hob, and they do separate gas burners too. I see the one in your link is £400...the Ikea one is £130 and is almost identical www.ikea.com/ie/en/products/appliances/hobs/m%C3%B6jlig-domino-gas-hob-1-burner-black-art-10237139/
A similar induction hob is £450
www.ikea.com/gb/en/catalog/products/40303934/

nthak Sun 11-Sep-16 13:04:50

hi swillows

can you please advise which ones you went for as I am looking for the the same combination and i like the bosch domino gas burners. would be greatly appreciated

JustCallMeDory Mon 12-Sep-16 22:09:59

Can I ask a possibly stupid question?

We're not on mains gas and are about to re-do our kitchen. I'd love a gas burner to go alongside an induction hob. Does anyone know if 'standard' gas burners/rings can be attached to Calor gas bottles?

fairislecable Mon 12-Sep-16 23:02:03

I am not on mains gas and have had my hob for 10 years . There is some sort of governor to enable bottle gas (sorry don't know the technical details). I am thinking of replacing it with an induction hob but wonder why you would need both?

Eastpoint Tue 13-Sep-16 05:34:33

We have a Siemens induction hob (4 areas, can be 2 large areas) and a gas ring next to it. We have quite a few stir fries and I often use all 5 rings at the same time.

@just call me dory ... You'd need lpg jets from the gas hob manufacturers- sometimes they are included when you buy it in the packaging ... But you'd need bottle gas (lpg) piped in from a suitable cage or store outside ... A bit of a PITA if you haven't got lpg already ...

You can't just attach to a blue gas bottle stored in a cabinet under the hob - as that would be a fire risk .

JustCallMeDory Sun 18-Sep-16 22:33:21

Thanks OnePlan I suspected as much wink but wondered what the system is for buying a gas hob that's for a non-mains gas feed.

We're in a fairly rural area and our house runs on oil and electricity, so I'd like to keep an induction hob for everyday cooking, but we need a gas ring primarily for the times when we have a power cut (and as an extra ring for cooking big meals).

BayTrees Sun 18-Sep-16 23:21:30

We have a gas hob, with a blue gas bottle under the counter though not directly under the hob. I would guess it's been there over 30 years judging from the design of the separate cooker. No mains gas in the area. I would so much prefer an electric hob but having had a 2 hour power cut yesterday, I can see why the last owners left this arrangement. I love your idea of just having 1 gas burner (for power cut days) and an electric hob. I miss my electric hob.

I live rurally too - so now have a gas outdoor kitchen set up in a brick built summerhouse ! For the same reasons !!

My parents have a gas hob with the gas pipe running to a bottle somewhere out the back.

Why would you need a gas hob? Just as another fuel source?

There is no need if it is just to cook. Induction is speedy and ace!

We get power cuts quite often in rural locations - hence the need for something alternative to cook on !

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now