Listing doesn't say sold stc yet

(7 Posts)
Finsa Fri 04-Mar-16 16:51:00

we're ftbs and two weeks ago made an offer (asking price) on a house which was accepted. Since then, we've been working on getting a mortgage and have started filling out forms for the solicitors etc.
The property we want to buy still looks available on rightmove and zoopla. Our offer was conditional on the property not being marketed. Should I call the agent to see why it's still on or is this not a big deal?

DontKillMyVibe Fri 04-Mar-16 16:54:05

I'd call. My house (and the one I'm buying) was listed as Sale Agreed on all websites the day after offer was accepted.

BumbleNova Fri 04-Mar-16 16:55:23

definitely call them! if you made the offer conditional on it being removed, it needs to have "sstc" or "under offer" on and that is instant.

i know as I had the same problem! i rang the EA and demanded that it was changed or my offer was void. it happened in 30 seconds.

Finsa Fri 04-Mar-16 17:04:28

Thanks! I just called and sorted it.

ChelseaNannyTree Fri 04-Mar-16 17:36:22

I'd, without a doubt, ask! Or.. ask someone to call from a different number and view the property - see what their response is like! It may put your mind at ease!

StepAwayFromTheThesaurus Fri 04-Mar-16 19:13:16

Our EA changed ours to under offer as soon as we'd accepted the offer. I know that as a buyer, it's so reassuring to see that happen.

Glad you got it changed.

MiaowTheCat Fri 04-Mar-16 19:40:22

I rang up and asked when the house we were buying was still showing on the websites- sorted by end of business that day.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now