st margerets or muswell hill?

(5 Posts)
mumwhoruns Wed 02-Mar-16 10:24:01

Hello
We're trying to decide out of these two areas. We want to stay for the foreseeable future-through secondary school.
We like both as they are near green space, villagey, safe, leafy, good schools. Muswell hill seems a bit cheaper and the commute would be better plus easier to get to pils. And more "London". However st Margaret's nearer some friends and seems to have lots for children to do, and a bit easier to drive around/out into countryside, maybe a bit safer/duller!. Plus lots of nice places to explore in sw London too. So swings and roundabouts!
We did think about east dulwich but se London still feels v urban to me and not so many green spaces. Shame as do like it there too.
Any recommendations?! TIA

Willow33 Wed 02-Mar-16 22:14:14

I know Muswell Hill and it's buzzy and great. A few green bits but probably not as much as St Margarets which I know is lovely. Definitely great secondary schools in MH - Alexandra Park Sch and Fortismere are both Outstanding.

mumwhoruns Fri 04-Mar-16 06:40:05

Thanks - yes both great that's the problem. Unsure what the priority should be:
Better commute
Slightly nearer pils
Bit closer to central London
Or
Bit greener
Nearer some friends

Ragusa Fri 04-Mar-16 21:18:51

One other factor to consider: St Margaret's is lovely but parts suffer from bad plane noise. Really bad.

mumwhoruns Sat 05-Mar-16 18:04:26

Yeh that might drive me mad

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now