Searches

(4 Posts)
Mumsywumsywoo Mon 29-Feb-16 18:25:52

So we've instructed the searches to be done on the property we are potentially buying and have got one (water) one back so far...how many other searches should I be expecting?

wowfudge Mon 29-Feb-16 18:31:45

Your solicitor will be able to advise - there will be local authority searches, land registry searches, environmental searches, chancel repair searches and, if relevant in the area, potentially mining searches and other searches.

Mumsywumsywoo Mon 29-Feb-16 19:24:12

Thanks wow the solicitors did tell me but I didn't write it down and it just went over my head. I thought I was getting there after one came through but I obviously have a long way to go! X

wowfudge Mon 29-Feb-16 19:39:02

Not necessarily - it's often the local authority ones which take longest and the results of the searches may trigger more queries. The solicitor should know how long searches are taken in the area you are buying in if they are local. Or you can ring the council and ask if you are that bothered. It won't speed them up though!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now