I'm wobbling about move anyone else?! Is this normal?

(7 Posts)
Wishfulmakeupping Sat 27-Feb-16 15:32:50

Oh bugger I'm such a bloody nightmare.
Been determined to move because I don't like the area I'm in and better amenities in the village we're moving too plus better secondary school when time comes.
Looked at lots until we found a house- we were about to lose our buyers so it came at the right time- it's a lovely location right in the heart of the village but we put offers in after just one visit. We knew it would go quick because of location and within the first day it had 3 asking price offers! We loved it so offered with a second viewing.
Just been back for another look and I can see it in a different light now- the living space seems small, the bedroom for our ds will be tiny.
I'm wobbling is this normal?!
Surveys etc all done, Dh still loves it- we will Be moving too it but I don't feel right about it sad

Wishfulmakeupping Sat 27-Feb-16 15:51:26

*offered without a second viewing that should have read

Wishfulmakeupping Sat 27-Feb-16 16:22:05

Anyone?!

Roarlikeadinosaur Sat 27-Feb-16 16:41:18

Totally fine to get cold feet. I'm sure it's just nerves playing with your mind-you said yourself the area etc is lovely and will be ideal for a secondary school. When you get there you can make the space your own, change the decoration and it will feel so much better. Trust your original instinct!!
Your DS's room could be a chance to be inventive if you think it's small- have a trip to IKEA! smile
We brought our house under similar circumstances I guess-offered full asking after just one viewing and went back the next weekend. Our lounge looked smaller than originally thought but once we actually moved in and found homes for our stuff it feels massive!! I love it.
You'll love your house-when do you move?

bilbodog Sat 27-Feb-16 16:43:35

Go back and see it again. If the vendors have always been in when you have looked then ask the agents if you can look when they aren't around - if you need to explain why say you want to measure up some areas to see if particular pieces of furniture fits or something like this. See how you feel after another viewing. Good luck.

catbasilio Sat 27-Feb-16 18:06:45

I will tell you what you do not want to hear. I had a wobbly move/cold feet with my last move and one year later, selling up. I should have listened to my inner side.
On the other hand, ask for a viewing "to measure up", and see how you feel. I am sure 90% of buyers get cold feet.

Wishfulmakeupping Sat 27-Feb-16 22:20:44

Thanks all. I will go round for another look in next week or so.
Due to move end of April.
I don't know what's happened I absolutely loved it when we first viewed it but I saw it with different eyes today and my heart kinda sank.
Main thing is its getting me into an area I like and it was never a forever home but a 3-4 year home until I'm working again.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now