Wood burning stove / fireplace

(7 Posts)
smilesandsun Wed 24-Feb-16 11:56:47

Hi I am looking into getting a wood burning stove, contemporary in style such as THIS

Can anyone recommend a good place to buy from that is not super expensive but does a good instillation service as well?

I've looked at a few places inside london but they are ££££ online much cheaper but I am not sure about who to trust.

Adsss Wed 24-Feb-16 18:28:01

Bought our online from Germany even with £150 delivery costs it was less than half price for the same in the UK. They are treated like luxuries here rather than normal.

Adsss Wed 24-Feb-16 18:36:29

Use Google.De and start there. I have just found the one you want for 750 euros so £600

Just saved you £800
Now find an installer and get it shipped !

SquidgeyMidgey Wed 24-Feb-16 19:23:04

10kW is a hefty output, do you need that? Reducing the output normally reduces the price. I think ours is 8kW and it heats the sitting room which has open stairs to the landing. When it's flat out in the dead of winter it's too much.

Namehanger Wed 24-Feb-16 19:30:31

Go and look at them at showroom, some look great but aren't very solid. We liked a cheaper one but changed our minds when saw it in showroom.

We bought ours ex-display, it had been fired. We saved about £1000, on a £2600 RRP

RingUpRingRingDown Wed 24-Feb-16 20:50:53

Agree that 10kw is a massive output.

We have an 8kw one in a huge room in a very cold old house and it heats the room to 21/22 degrees easily.

I prefer stoves made of cast iron as they retain the heat for hours afterwards in a way that steel doesn't.

smilesandsun Thu 25-Feb-16 09:09:54

thanks all for the helpful and good advice.

Adsss, that is a great idea as they are really priced high in the showrooms! Name hanger, lucky spot thats the type of thing I usually look out for!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now